We’re excited to announce our newest partnership with Skydio, which combines DroneDeploy’s industry-leading software with the dynamic capabilities of Skydio drones, including the Skydio 2+.
Enter: DroneDeploy’s Skydio Sync App*. This end-to-end solution eliminates the need for manual uploads and creates a streamlined, automatic process for data analysis.
Whether you work in construction or energy, you can now use any Skydio drone to create 3D Scans and seamlessly process this model (a construction site, refinery, well pad, or any other physical asset) in DroneDeploy, where you can track progress or conduct a visual inspection with ease.
Let’s take a look below at how this first-of-its-kind integration works with the Skydio Cloud.
How the Integration Works
DroneDeploy’s Skydio Sync App imports imagery from Skydio Cloud to the DroneDeploy platform — no SD card required. With this functionality, any Skydio flight within a 10-kilometer radius of your DroneDeploy project will appear as an option for upload within DroneDeploy. Now, you can simply check a box to select which scans you’d like to upload to your project, instead of manually categorizing and importing this data. As expected, this new workflow saves critical hours of capturing and processing time.
How to Enable the Skydio Sync
Organizational admins are the only users that can authorize the Skydio Sync App to your current DroneDeploy instance. Follow the steps below to enable this integration and start flying:
1. The organizational admin generates the API token from the Skydio Cloud.
2. The organizational admin enters the Skydio API token directly into the Skydio Sync application on the left-side panel.
3. The organizational admin selects an existing project or creates a new one in the location of interest.
4. Once enabled, please click the “Skydio Sync” button, and view the list of Skydio scans within a 10-kilometer radius of your project with their current upload statuses. You can select any Skydio scan that hasn’t already been uploaded to this DroneDeploy project.
5. Sync your selected scan to DroneDeploy, and enjoy best-in-class visualization and analysis tools.
Inspired by the needs of our customers, we’re proud to bring this unique, seamless integration to market.
For any further questions regarding the DroneDeploy + Skydio Cloud integration, review our support documentation, or feel free to contact us.
*Skydio Sync will be available to Admin roles in DroneDeploy customer organizations that have previously flown with Skydio as of April 12, 2022. Requires a DroneDeploy Teams or Enterprise subscription to access, as well as subscriptions to Skydio Media Sync and Skydio 3D Scan.